- The average car burns an average of two gallons of fuel a day. Each of those gallons releases 20 pounds of carbon dioxide into the air.
- If every newspaper was recycled, we could save about 250,000,000 trees each year.
- Only 11% of the Earth’s surface is used to grow food.
- By simply recycling one aluminum can, you save enough energy to watch a TV for three hours.
Visit www.charlottenaturemuseum.org for more information
on this Earth Day event:
Love Your Mother…Earth
Earth Day Play Date at Charlotte Nature Museum
Saturday, April 20, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Charlotte, NC – Take root with nature and unearth ways to care for our environment during Charlotte Nature Museum’s April Creature Feature, Earth Day Play Date, Saturday, April 20, from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Activities are free with admission and include:
- Simple ways to reduce your ecological footprint
- Demonstrations on backyard gardening
- Special performance by Indian Land’s Eco Warriors
- Learn how to make games out of recycled materials
- Learn about designing outdoor spaces using natural materials
- Check out the Nissan Leaf: This all-electric vehicle does not require gasoline and helps reduce our dependence on petroleum.
- Make newspaper pots to fill with seeds and soil
- Puppet shows
Water bottles and live butterfly garden kits will be available for purchase in Trail’s End Store.
Creature Features, supported by The Guild of Discovery Place and Charlotte Nature Museum, are monthly special events and include crafts, puppet shows and storytelling. Creature Feature activities are free with Museum admission.
Nature Museum Admission:
$6 ages two & older, younger-than-two & Members are free.
Parking is free.
Charlotte Nature Museum is located at 1658 Sterling Road, Charlotte. Regular Hours are: Tuesday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Sunday noon – 5:00 p.m.; and closed on Monday. This is in the Dilworth Neighborhood, adjacent to Freedom Park.
Charlotte Nature Museum offers visitors the chance to get close to wildlife and walk among free-flying butterflies in Butterfly Pavilion, observe live animals in Creature Cavern, buzz by Insect Alley or just hang out in Our Big Backyard.
*** SEND IN YOUR OWN EARTH DAY EVENTS & ECOLOGICAL TIPS FOR HOME ***